Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Final Portfolio

Throughout the semester I feel that I have advanced in my skills and come a long way. The course objectives that I feel I was able to achieve during the class where the ability to use a structural drawing method to create a 3-dimensional feel, refine my mark making, and develop an understanding of artistic anatomy through the construction of my maniken. The strongest of the three was definitely the way that I learned to use structural contour lines to express a 3 dimensional figure on the paper. The objectives that I struggled the most with this semester was blog posting and the drawing of muscles underneath the skin. I do feel that I was successful communicating to the class because I never missed one class period, I participated in critiques, and I looked forward and took criticism very open minded. But, because I felt that I was participating and communicating well throughout the semester, I did slightly struggle when it came to posting a blog post every week. I was able to still produce a decent amount of blog posts, but I do think that that was the one thing that I could work on a little better.
In the second half of this course I feel that I greatly improved with the way that I was able to produce 3-dimensional feeling drawings that were not just an outlined figure. I really began to grasp the concept of where line-weights should become darker and where they work lighter. Also, in the second half of the semester, I feel that I was able to accomplish drawing parts of the body that I was very intimidated by during the first semester. Hands, feet, and all the facial features where the three things that I veered away from whenever possible during the first half of the class. But, after being lectured and learning techniques of how to draw them, I feel that I was able to tackle these challenges that I had. Overall, I feel that after the first half of the semester I had a general idea of line-weight variation and techniques to draw the human form, but in the second half of the semester I really began to put all the pieces together.
In the future, I will definitely utilize the skills learned in this class. For industrial design, contour lines can be extremely helpful to help enhance the 3-dimensional feel of initial ideation sketches and even concept renderings. Also, in order to make a final product more believable, it is very beneficial to put it in context. Often, this means showing a human interact with the product. So, now that I have a better understanding of how to draw the human form, I will be able show an accurate representation of a human interacting with my product designs.

Final Portfolio:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danieljnoll/sets/

No comments:

Post a Comment